Monday, September 6, 2021

Monday 6th September

 Good morning Audrey and Siana! 

I hope you've had a good summer (apart from the Covid at the end). I can't wait to hear what you got up to on your break! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have to isolate for the start of term! We will certainly miss you in school until you are able to return. 

While you're away, I will put some work on the blog for you so that you know what we're up to and you don't miss out. If you're not very well, you don't have to do it!! But it's here if you're feeling up to it. 

So today we're going to be settling back into school and talking about our summer holidays and setting some class rules. 

The first thing we are going to do is to do is think about the end of the year and set ourselves some targets and things to work towards. You've just had your report from Mr Smith for the end of Year 5. What I would like for you to think about is what would you like me to say about you at the end of Year 6!

Here is an example of one I might write for myself My Report

And here is one for you to fill in. If you can, I would like you to bring this into school with you so that I can make a display out of them! 

Then we are going to discuss our class rules. We need to remember that children in Year 6 are role models for the rest of the school. So we are going to create some Rules for Role Models. Although we are going to discuss the rules in class, they generally end up being mostly the same every year. Here is an example from last year. 

I would like for you to make your own poster with our class Rules for Role Models. Bring this in too because I want to display some. 

This afternoon we are going to be doing some PE. I'm going to be looking at everyone's fundamental movement skills which I can't do for you while you're at home 🙈. So instead, you could stay active with a Joe Wicks workout that you can find here.

Finally, we are going to do a team building exercise to work on effective communication. Our task will be to build a bridge using materials that we find in the classroom. You can do the same at home. We are going to see how much weight our bridges can hold! If you manage to make a bridge, send in a picture so that I can see it! 

So that's what we're up to today. We'll miss you both here in school but we'll be in touch every day! 

Hope you have a good one. 

Mr Hayden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 25th March

 Good Morning,  It's Friday!! Here are your tasks for today:  Morning task - Revise the use of capital letters and full stops (I know th...