Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday 8th October

 Good morning Class 6! 

I hope you're all feeling okay this morning! 

Here are your tasks for the day today. 

Maths: 

WALT: Use long division with remainders 

I know long division is tricky but I would like you to stick at it, watch the video carefully and do your very best! If you hadn't quite got it on Wednesday, you were so close! 

Here is the video 

Here is the worksheet 

Here are the answers 


English 

WALT: Use the past progressive and the present progressive tense 

The past and present progressive (or continuous) talk about an action that is ongoing and doesn't end. 

For example: Ahmed is delivering his goods or Ahmed was delivering his goods. 

Have a look at the PowerPoint here (from slide 15 until the end) and see how it works. 

Then I would like for you to write some sentences about this picture: 



You should write a sentence in the present progressive and then change it to the past progressive. 

For example: 

Hassan is handing the delicious bowl of steaming noodles to Ahmed 

Hassan was handing the delicious bowl of steaming noodles to Ahmed. 

Do 5 examples (10 sentences in total) and try to make them as descriptive as possible. 

Guided Reading: 

Use Reading Plus and complete at least two reading lessons. 


Science: 

WALT: Know the characteristics of living things 

We are looking at how different living things are classified. Begin by looking at this PowerPoint 

Here is the sheet for sorting out the characteristics. See if you can match the characteristics to the group of animals. 

Music 

It's very difficult for me to show you what we're doing in class today so I have found something that is similar that you can do at home! 


This is the second lesson in this sequence so do your best with the quiz at the start - I got 80% when I did it because I didn't know the name of the song in the final question! Hopefully you can do at least as well as me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 25th March

 Good Morning,  It's Friday!! Here are your tasks for today:  Morning task - Revise the use of capital letters and full stops (I know th...