Thursday, October 21, 2021

Friday 22nd October

 Good morning Class 6! 

Thanks for all the great work that you sent in yesterday! 

Here are your tasks for the day: 

Maths 

Begin with Times Tables Rock Stars again for 15 minutes. 

WALT: Reason from known facts 

Here is the video you need for today.

Here is the worksheet 

Here are the answers for you 


English 

WALT: Write a recount text 

First, we'll do a spelling test! Woohoo!! Get ready for it and no cheating please - I'm watching!! 👀

Here are your spellings for after half term. 

Today we are going to write the sequel to Hurricane! 

Your success criteria are as follows: 

  • I have written in a consistent tense (present or past) 
  • I have written in the third person 
  • I have used adverbs and adverbials 
  • I have used figurative language 
  • I have used accurate punctuation 
  • I have written in paragraphs 
I can't wait to read what you come up with! 

Reading 

Complete 2 more lessons on Reading Plus. Thanks to those who are using it - remember, I can see how much you're doing 👀

Science

WALT: Create a field guide of a local habitat 

Today you are going to create a field guide of a local habitat! Here is the link for your guide
 
Begin with this presentation which explains what a field guide is and how to make it. 

You can choose any local habitat! It could be your garden or a local park (if you're currently allowed out of the house) 

To help you to identify the plants and animals there are some guide sheets to help: 



I can't wait to see what you find! Happy hunting! 


Wellbeing 

Seeing as it's the end of term, and you've all been working really hard, I would like for you to spend what remains of the afternoon looking after yourselves (because I think the field guide will take you a while to make and complete). 

There are lots of different ways that we can look after ourselves, many of which you already know!

But here are some suggestions that might help you to feel good as we end our half term 

  • Do some nice things for others - could you make something? Help someone in some way? Say something nice to someone? Or all three? Doing things for others is one of the best ways to make yourself feel good. 
  • Take some time to do some mindfulness activities. There are some mindfulness colouring pages here. You can do some mindfulness yoga here 
  • Being creative is always a good way to make yourself feel good. You could try a Draw with Rob (which I really enjoy doing). If anyone wants to try Gunnersaurus as their picture, then there is space on my Arsenal wall for it 👀👀. 
  • Alternatively, you can choose something that will help you to relax. Spend some time reading, watching a film, listening to music or playing a game of something. 
You don't have to send me anything to do with your wellbeing activity, but if you want to, I'd love to see what you got up to! 

Have a lovely half term everyone and I can't wait to see you when we get back! 

Mr Hayden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 25th March

 Good Morning,  It's Friday!! Here are your tasks for today:  Morning task - Revise the use of capital letters and full stops (I know th...